FACULTY OF FOREIGN LANGUAGES AND FOUNDATION
The Department of Foreign Languages and training has been organised as per order of the South Kazakhstan State Pedagogical Institute rector, professor Ayashev Onalbay Ayashevich, dated from September 1, 2016 by combining the Department of Foreign Languages, Department of academic mobility and the Institute of International Relations and language training departments organised as per order of Ministry of Education and Sciences of the Republic Kazakhstan № 388 dated from June 22. The responsibilities of Dean are taken by Meirbekov Akylbek Kayratbekovich, Ph.D., associate professor of South Kazakhstan State Pedagogical Institute.
Currently, the faculty has three departments: Foreign Languages department, the academic mobility and international communication department and the foundation department.
Foreign Languages Department
Head of Foreign Languages Department is Smanova Gaziza Leskankyzy, PhD in pedagogical sciences. The department has 24 teachers, its scientific potential is 35 percent.
The academic mobility and international communications department was opened as per order of Onalbay Ayashevich Ayashev, rector, the professor of South Kazakhstan State Pedagogical Institute in the 2011-2012 academic year, and is headed by Rysbekova Aigul Begmanalievna, PhD in pedagogical sciences.
According to the program of academic mobility and international relations SKSPI has the opportunity to:
- invite leading professors from domestic and foreign universities- partners;
- send students to study in domestic and foreign universities-partners for one semester or academic year
- take students from domestic and foreign universities- partners for teaching programs.
South Kazakhstan State Pedagogical Institute conducts a program of academic mobility and international relations in two directions:
- international academic mobility and international relations (foreign universities);
- internal academic mobility (domestic institutions of higher education).
Head of the department is Saparmuratova Gulmira Temirovna.
The purpose of the department is to improve language training of Kazakhstan citizens for entry into the teaching specialties - biology, physics, chemistry, computer science on the basis of state order.
Main functions of the department:
- Acceptance of students on language preparatory department of the Institute;
- Raising the students’ level of knowledge and cognitive activity;
- Revising and enhancing of knowledge, ability to analyze the achievements;
- Self-estimation skills organisation;
- enrichment of vocabulary, development of speech culture using the scientific and technology innovations;
- improvement of the creative work;
- ability to work on test, devoted to specific topic;
- conducting of trainings for listeners psychological preparation.
The teachers of the Faculty of Foreign Languages and Training conduct research work in the following areas:
- research studies aimed at ensuring the educational process (textbooks, teaching aids and other);
- management of students’ research work;
- development of scientific and methodological cooperation with National Academy of Sciences of Kazakhstan, the republic's universities, as long as with foreign universities;
- participation in the scientific conferences, organized by the institute and other universities in country, and abroad.
Faculty of Foreign Languages and Foundation admits students on a specialty 5B011900-foreign language: two foreign languages.
275 students are taught at the faculty.